The main goal of BeXyl is to develop research and innovation actions to implement tailored and integrated pest management (IPM) strategies for mitigating Xylella fastidiosa (Xf) impact in Europe. The proposed
research workplan will benefit from the active involvement of growers and the society to raise awareness
and to facilitate the adoption of control strategies to limit the impact caused by this bacterium. To achieve
this main objective, the project workplan is onrganized into different work-package:
1. Develop new knowledge and fill existing research gaps to understand the drivers of Xf spread and
establishment including the influence of climatic change.
2. Develop new and improved methods and strategies for surveillance, early detection and disease
monitoring of Xf.
3. Deep in the search for long-term host resistance to Xf and decipher the basis of resistance mechanisms.
4. Develop economically and environmentally sound solutions for effective control of Xf vectors.
5. Develop economically and environmentally sound solutions for effective control of Xf and promotion
of plant health.
6. Use of thermal treatments for sanitation of plants and production/trade of Xf-free nursery materials
7. Analyze the ecological, social and economic impact of Xf and search for mitigating approaches.
8. Provide scientific-based support for relevant EU plant health policies and implementation by farmers
of IPM programs for Xf.
Programme HORIZON EUROPE
Institute IPSP – Institute for sustainable plant protection/IBBR – Institute of Biosciences and Bioresources
Contact Maria Saponari
Soraya Mousavi firstname.lastname@example.org